Represent TTE at TTS’s workshop as the Workshop Technical Director (01 workshop in Vung Tau, 01 workshop in Thanh Hoa and 01 workshop in Quang Ngai).
This position will manage and lead the workshop people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
A. WORKSHOP MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate TTS’s services to them, which may involve technical descriptions of products and the way they may be used.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
- Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved. Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
- Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Be responsible for P&L of the Workshop.
- Regularly report with Board of Directors.
B. SALES & MARKETING FOR WORKSHOP SERVICE
- Promote and sell workshop service effectively.
- Prepare and follow up quotations to secure orders.
- Identify opportunities with existing and potential new customers, and determine plans for marketing activities to promote extended service sales coverage
- Maintain the existing customers and build good relationship
- Liaise with the technical team to assist customer to get solution, give the right recommendation, and solve the problem.
- Meet sales target
- Ability to take decisions and to early identify project scope deviations and potential delays in execution and to introduce mitigation measures to compensate.
- Required to ensure the environment for them being mentored and trained by the Lead and Senior Engineers.
- High level knowledge and skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation or Automation,…
- Having experience in Workshop, in Oil & Gas, power industry is an advantage
- Good communication skills both English and Vietnamese.
- Good at management skill.
- Can look beyond the initial customer enquiry and identify other business opportunities
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
- People management skills
- Quality and productivity focused
- Male and from 35 year old.